Latest Processing Facility Strike Shows 'Absolutely No Secure Locations in Russia's Deep Rear'
Ukrainian UAVs have hit the Russian Bashneft facility in the city of Ufa, situated approximately 1,400 km from the Ukrainian border, resulting in explosions and a fire, per a source in the Ukrainian Security Service.
This constitutes the latest intelligence deep strike in Bashkortostan in the past month. Those strikes illustrate that there are no secure zones in the deep rear of the Russian Federation.
Ukrainian President Calls On US President to Facilitate Peace in Ukraine
The Ukrainian leader urged the US President to mediate a ceasefire in the Ukrainian conflict during a call on Saturday.
"Provided that a war can be ended in a particular zone, then surely other wars can be halted as well, covering the conflict with Russia," he said, praising Trump's "outstanding" Middle East peace initiative and calling for the President to pressure the Moscow into negotiations.
Russian Assaults Take Casualties in the Country
Moscow's assaults on Ukraine claimed the lives of five people on Saturday and cut power to sections of the south Odesa oblast, according to authorities in Ukraine.
Two civilians died inside a place of worship in Kostyantynivka when it was struck, per local authorities.
In Russia's frontier area of Belgorod, a vehicle operator was fatally wounded by a drone assault, as stated by regional authorities.
Electricity Recovery Operations in the Capital
Efforts proceeded on the weekend to recover electricity in Kyiv, after strikes by Moscow.
Electricity had been recovered to over 800,000 citizens by the weekend and the biggest private energy company announced the main work to restore power was finished though certain disruptions continued.
Air Defence Efforts and Drone Interceptions
The Ukrainian anti-aircraft systems neutralized 54 of 78 total UAVs from Russia deployed against the country overnight, the aerial defense command reported on the weekend.
Russia's military authorities stated it eliminated forty-two Ukrainian drones over its own soil.
Cuba Refutes Accusations of Deploying Soldiers to the War
The Cuban government on the weekend refuted American assertions it has sent soldiers to engage in the conflict in Ukraine, while stating officials in Havana "are without precise information about Cuban nationals" involved "independently" or "within the troops of either party".
The foreign ministry in Havana announced 26 nationals had been sentenced to jail sentences ranging from five to 14 years for mercenary activity since September 2023 when information spread of Cubans being dispatched to the frontlines in the conflict.
I Want to Live Program Reveals Data on Cuban Recruitment
I Want to Live, a official Kyiv project that promotes enemy combatants to lay down arms, reported in May: "Our information indicates the personal data of 1,028 individuals who entered into agreements with the Moscow's troops in recently."
The government in Havana said of those who might be involved: "Undeniably that none of them have the support, allegiance, or consent of the Cuban authorities for their actions."
Relatives of Cuban nationals who traveled to the Russian Federation in 2023 reported to news outlets at the time that their loved ones had been misled into enlisting through promotions on digital networks.